2011-03-14

Part of why I don't use Facebook much, or blog more...

I found this slideshow here, in an article about Google not releasing a Facebook replacement, and I think it rings particularly true.  If this mythological Google social network could address the "circles" that the somewhat long slideshow goes into clever detail about, I might even consider using it...


I do recommend spending the 15-20 minutes it might take to read through this, but if your attention and interest aren't held that long, I can give you a brief summary.  Everyone has more than one group of associates, and we don't necessarily want all of the people from all of those groups to see all of our online updates and activities.  It would be best if there was still a single social resource, but one that takes into account not only these different circles of "friends," family, and associates, but also the closeness that we have with smaller groups within each circle.  Well thought out, well presented.

No comments:

Post a Comment