2011-01-11

About a year of riding

I picked up cycling as a hobby and a habit in 2010.  I started out riding a beat up 10 speed that was so much too small for me that my 12 year old son rides it now, just back and forth to work.  After a month of that I was certain I needed to buy a new bike, and after another month I actually did.  My beautiful Trek 3700 and I did quite a bit of riding, but I wasn't really keeping track of it, and that annoyed me.


So I bought a cheap $13 Bell branded cyclometer to tell me speed and distance (and I've learned since that I had it miscalibrated, but not by much) and I started to be able to see what I was doing, but I wasn't tracking it.  So when I noticed my old RA on dailymile logging his running in early June, I thought I'd give it a shot.  And, in a feat that frankly amazes me, I kept up with it the rest of the year.  Today I got the year end review, and was impressed more with the coolness of the page they built than my own stats, so I thought I'd share it with you.  Clicking on the image should load the full sized version.

No comments:

Post a Comment