2010-12-17

Okay, I'll admit it...

I like Christmas music.  I don't like it all year, of course.  There's something wrong about hearing "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen" while shopping for Halloween candy, but once we get into that groove between Thanksgiving and New Years, I like to hear a bit of the Christmas cheer.  When my friend posted something about this a couple of days ago, I thought it might be nice for me to talk about it too.


I've been listening to one of Pandora's Christmas music channels at work for a few days now, and I've had some mixed results.  Some people who wander by to ask me about things are excited to hear it, some people just chalk it up to my general craziness, and some people stop to sing along a little bit... it's funny how much of a mixed bag it is.  I wonder if more people would like it if it wasn't everywhere so early...  One coworker suggested that anybody who worked retail for any length of time can't stand Christmas music anymore, but I've worked at least as much retail as any of them, including as a manager in a toy store during the holidays.

And much like my friend who got me thinking about it, the old carols are the ones that I like the most, but I have a different secular favorite... sort of an anti-Christmas song, I guess, but one of the greats.  Without further ado, I give you my favorite:  Father Christmas, by the Kinks.

No comments:

Post a Comment